The 2017 Chucktown Showdown, presented by Half-Moon Outfitters is a WPA sanctioned, Stand-Up Paddleboard race, started by the local Charleston paddle community that is celebrating its 5th year!
The 2017 event benefits Surfers Healing – Folly Beach as well as Surfrider Foundation Charleston Chapter.
The race is open to Stand-Up Paddleboards, Prones, Outrigger Canoes and Surfski Kayaks.
Race day is September 16, 2017 and will be hosted at Brittlebank Park in beautiful Charleston, South Carolina and features three races:
- The Battery Course: This course is a 4 mile out and back course along the SW coast of the Charleston peninsula. The course is usually flat and protected with occasional wind chop and mild currents. PFD’s are required on all crafts and leashes are highly recommended on all paddleboards.
- The Harbor course: This is a 9 mile loop course that goes into the main Charleston Harbor with views of USS Yorktown, Ft Sumter, Castle Pinckney and the Ravenel Bridge. The course can be very challenging with winds, wind chop, and currents.
- The Fun Run: This course is offered to our younger friends, 12 years and under. It is an approximately 1-mile course that features buoy turns and takes place right in front of the dock!
Thinking about Racing? Stop thinking about it and register today at PaddleGuru: Register for the Chucktown Showdown
2017 Weekend Schedule
Friday, September 15:
– Technique Clinic with Tommy Buday Jr (5-7pm) – Brittlebank Park, Charleston, SC
– Packet Pick-up / Late Registration (5-8pm) – Charleston Marriott, Charleston, SC
Saturday, September 16:
– Main Race Event (730-330pm) – Brittlebank Park, Charleston, SC
– Official After Party (6-10) – Mex1 Coastal Cantina, Sullivan’s Island
Sunday, September 17th
– SUP Surf Contest – 7:30-12pm – 9th Block, Isle of Palms