Welcome to the 6th Annual Chucktown Showdown benefitting Surfers Healing Folly Beach!
This race event is open to Stand-Up Paddleboards, Prones, Outrigger Canoes and Surfski Kayaks. Race day is Saturday, October 6th, 2018! Full weekend schedule can be found under “Race Details”.
This year, we are stoked to share that in addition to being a WPA sanctioned race, we are also one of the PADDLE LEAGUE, Regional Races. This means that the first Gal & Pal that cross the line in the SUP 9-mile course will earn 10 points towards the SUP World Rankings!
On Saturday, October 6th, the races start and end in water (Ashley River) off the end of the Brittlebank Park fishing pier. The event feature three races:
- The Battery Course: This course is a 4 mile out and back course along the SW coast of the Charleston peninsula. The course is usually flat and protected with occasional wind chop and mild currents. PFD REQUIRED on all craft. Leashes are highly recommended on all paddleboards.
- The Harbor Course: This is a 9 mile loop course that goes into the main Charleston Harbor with views of USS Yorktown, Ft Sumter, Castle Pinckney and the Ravenel Bridge. The course can be very challenging with winds, wind chop, and currents. PFD REQUIRED on all craft. LEASHES REQUIRED on all Paddleboards
- Kids Fun Run: This course is offered to our younger friends, 12 years and under. It is an approximately 1-mile course that features buoy turns and takes place right in front of the dock!
Registration & Entry Fees
Registration fees schedule listed below. Registration fee includes the following:
- Race Entry
- Race T-Shirt (guaranteed if registered 2+ weeks before race)
- Lunch Voucher
- Bear Voucher (if 21+)
- All the swaaaaggg that we can get our hands on for you!
|May 1 – June 30||9 Mile = $80
4 Mile = $60
|July 1 – August 31||9 Mile = $85
4 Mile = $65
|September 1 – October 5||9 Mile = $90
4 Mile = $70